By Rudolf Pell Gaudio
- The first ethnographic examine of sexual minorities in Africa, and one in all only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic world
- Engagingly written, combining cutting edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, ancient texts, and well known media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry
- Analyzes the social stories and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) relating to neighborhood, nationwide, and worldwide debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century
- Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the class of "Outstanding Monograph"
Read Online or Download Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Best psychology of sexuality books
What does it suggest to be a guy? What does it suggest to be manly? How has our concept of masculinity replaced through the years? during this publication, famous historian George L. Mosse offers the 1st old account of the masculine stereotype in glossy Western tradition, tracing the evolution of the assumption of manliness to bare the way it got here to include actual attractiveness, braveness, ethical restraint, and a powerful will.
This ebook uncovers the hidden background of gender family, sexual attitudes, and contraceptive practices that followed the dramatic decline in relations dimension within the 20th century. Drawing upon bright oral historical past debts, Kate Fisher's ground-breaking research locations males (rather than their better halves) in the back of the force for smaller households.
Generations of social thinkers have assumed that entry to valid paid employment and a decline within the ‘double typical’ may dispose of the explanations at the back of women’s participation in prostitution. but in either the constructing global and in postindustrial towns of the West, sexual trade has endured to flourish, diversifying alongside technological, spatial, and social traces.
Meet the Champions. .. . during this nook, within the purple satin trunks, intercourse. Primal, powerful, speedy on his ft and with one frightening correct hook. intercourse is a difficult consumer. Used to popping out on best, packed with surprises, intercourse has an extended list of throwing curves on the strongest of rivals and strolling away with the name belt.
- Cosmopolitan Sexualities: Hope and the Humanist Imagination
- Global Perspectives on Prostitution and Sex Trafficking: Europe, Latin America, North America, and Global
- Making It Hot: Sex Tips From The Curvy Girl Playbook
- A Stranger in My Own Body: Atypical Gender Identity Development and Mental Health
Additional info for Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography)
Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) by Rudolf Pell Gaudio