By Algernon Austin
This e-book is the 1st in-depth exam of the 25 million american citizens with the main extreme hatred of President Obama—arguably the main Republican-friendly of modern Democratic presidents—and what the mindsets of those "Obama Haters" educate us approximately race and ethnicity in the US today.
• deals a critique of Obama from the left on his medical health insurance reform, judicial and political appointments, civil liberties rules, academic reforms, and procedure for facing African American concerns
• provides challenging information displaying that Obama Haters are so severe of their conservatism and of their anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black attitudes that during comparability, Tea occasion supporters seem to be moderate
• Boldly identifies thoughts for facing white racial anxiousness a few diversifying America
• presents empirically derived estimates of the proportion of the yankee public with robust anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attitudes
Read or Download America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President PDF
Similar discrimination & racism books
The Uncultured Wars is a robust indictment of dominant American liberal-left discourse. via twelve fashionable essays Steven Salaita returns many times to his middle topics of anti-Arab racism and Islamophobia and the inadequacy of severe proposal among the 'chattering classes', exhibiting how racism maintains to exist within the areas the place we might least count on it.
Racial minorities within the usa are disproportionately uncovered to poisonous wastes and different environmental risks, and cleanup efforts of their groups are slower and not more thorough than efforts in other places. the world over, filthy rich international locations of the North more and more send damaging wastes to poorer international locations of the South, leading to such tragedies because the catastrophe at Bhopal.
This ebook explores the moral and philosophical concerns at the back of the supply of market-led replacement schooling. the amount examines the versions of unfastened, Studio, Supplementary and Co-operative tuition provisions, asking no matter if a market-based method of supplying greater criteria of schooling truly works.
Greater than fifty five million Latinos now represent the most important, fastest-growing, and such a lot assorted minority team within the usa, and the nation's political destiny could be formed through Latinos' carrying on with political incorporation. within the 2012 election, Latinos proved to be a serious balloting bloc in either Presidential and Congressional races; this demographic will purely turn into extra vital in destiny American elections.
- Ain't No Trust: How Bosses, Boyfriends, and Bureaucrats Fail Low-Income Mothers and Why It Matters
- American Identity in the Age of Obama (Routledge Series on Identity Politics)
- Fighting the Slave Trade: West African Strategies (Western African Studies)
- Ebola e le forme (Società narrata) (Italian Edition)
- Conceptualizing Racism: Breaking the Chains of Racially Accommodative Language
- 2º Informe sobre la Desigualdad en España 2015: Cómo transformar tu vida en la ciudad (Spanish Edition)
Extra info for America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President
America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President by Algernon Austin